Laura Turner Dugas Fund
for Allen County
The Laura Turner Dugas Fund for Allen County (the LTD Fund) exists to build a better area in which all its citizens can enjoy life—work, play and retirement. The LTD Fund has been established to encourage philanthropic giving by providing a common source for contributions to charity and other community concerns. The LTD Fund prefers to fund programs/projects that address community needs and have lasting value. The goal is to leave a legacy upon which future generations of citizens of Allen County can establish an even finer community.
The grant applications will be reviewed by the LTD Fund grant committee from which recommendation will be made to award the grants. Final approval of the request is made by the Board of Directors of The Community Foundation of South Central Kentucky.
Elements We Support in Our Communities
The LTD Fund has identified the following five areas as those that it would address through grant awards:
- Health and Human Services
- The Arts
- Public Recreation
LTD does not fund:
- Annual /Capital campaigns
- Sectarian religious purposes: Faith based organizations and churches are eligible if project/program serves the community.
- General agency operating revenues; some indirect operating costs attributable to the program proposal may be funded
- Capital improvements/purchases; unless they are tied to the specific program proposal
Other Limitations + Eligibility:
- Grants will be made to organizations serving Allen County, KY
- LTD Fund will consider grants up to $5,000
- Applicants should represent projects/programs that can demonstrate potential for success and sustainability
- Program objectives should be specific and measurable
- Organization must be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, not-for-profit agency and/or organized group carrying out a charitable purpose for the public good.
Sue Neal Roberts